Church of St. Bartolomeus in Kolín

THE CHURCH HISTORY NEWS GALLERY CONTACT FARNOST LINKS
 
19

The butchers´chapel

The butchers´chapel The Altar of saint Cross fills almost the whole space of the chapel. The name of it reminds us of the butchers´ guild, who had auspices for it. The baroque retable from 1737 was made by Ignác Rohrbach, which was ordered by the master of butchers Jan František Pabicek. The center of the retable consists of sculptural group of Calvary and grieving Virgin Mary and Saint John the Apostle. The crucified figure depicts the penitent Dismas. The figure of Gesmas destroyed by fire in 1796 was put in the opposite side of altar. There´s a copy of love painting of the most holy Salvador from Chrudim above the tabernaculum. The Renaissance bars come from around 1600. It´s closing the chapel.

 

poděkování, grafika Petr ADÁMEK, web Tomáš ADÁMEK, 2007–2021

česky english deutsch francais