Church of St. Bartolomeus in Kolín

THE CHURCH HISTORY NEWS GALLERY CONTACT FARNOST LINKS
 
17

The Saint John chapel

The Saint John chapel The name of the chapel comes from the altar of Saint John of Nepomuk, it was founded before 1722 by armorial townsman Antonin Dominik Jindra from Orebthal. The altar of Saint Florian was moved in place instead of the rococo retable during adjustments in 1910. Jan Ignac, son of the founder (also Kolin mayor and reeve) commissioned the rococo retable. Saint Lukas There are placed paintings of Saint Florian and 14 saint helpers with sculptures of Saint Vaclav and John the Baptist, John and Paul. There is a painting hung on the opposite side of the altar from 1843, which shows Saint Lukas. It was made by Jan Machacek.

 

poděkování, grafika Petr ADÁMEK, web Tomáš ADÁMEK, 2007–2021

česky english deutsch francais